Holiday in Bangkok

This is my first ICPM with the Destiny family with the theme "UNSTOPPABLE" I remember that my best experience there was seeing Sokha (a Cambodian) who prayed for her countrymen and also our Cambodian families leading the Praise and Worship. It was so awesome! It's like a glimpse of heaven as stated in the Psalm "every nation, tribe, people, and tongue worship HIM".

Sokha praying, DMI Pastors, DMI Pipz wearing chosen National costumes

the view from our hotel room at different times of the day

One thing that I enjoyed during the first day is some sort of "amazing race", we go around Bangkok per group and do the tasks assigned to us then whoever comes back first wins the game. It was so much fun as it involved using the train, tuk-tuk and walking around, trying out street food, and connecting with the locals. Photos below from our team: Pastor Val, May, Gian, and Me =)




Before coming here, I was wondering if I could eat the food since I am not fond of spicy food, and as I tried Thai food in LB, my taste buds don't seem to like the spice but, all that changed, as I get to try authentic Thai food, thanks to Boyet Valenzuela (Tonettes' friend who's teaching in Bangkok), he brought us to the best street food restaurants in BKK. Check out some food that we tried.


I think I like this coconut dessert, I'm just not sure how was it then

I don't know what this is

this is the street food crepe

 
another famous street food, the frog, cricket, and the likes

I think people close to me already know that I love dolphins, and as much as I love dolphins I also love ELEPHANT, I remember when Dambo roam around outside Araneta Coliseum then, I wanted to have him as a pet. I have an inkling about huge friendly animals. And so, this experience of feeding an elephant is soooooooooo awesome, next time I wanted to go to Chiang Mai to experience bathing and feeding and taking care of them. Meanwhile see my excitement as I feed this gentle, hungry giant of pipino (cucumber).



I am not sure whether my churchmates already went home but I, Wilbert and Joseph decided to stay for a couple of days to see other places in Bangkok. And a good thing, Tonette and friends were so generous to spend their weekend touring us around. 

Our first stop is in Ayutthaya, an ancient city known fully as Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, naichicka sa'kin na this is Thai capital for 417 years. The city was founded in 1350 by King U-Thong, when this was the capital, 33 Kings of different dynasties ruled the kingdom until it was sacked by the Burmese in 1767. It boasts numerous magnificent ruins. Akalain mo there's really beauty in being "wasak" and this is included in UNESCO's list of world heritage since December 13, 1991. (from Ayutthaya.net )




for my TODA collection

The last park that we went to is very much like our Nayong Pilipino, sadly it's no longer existing, we could have developed that to be a tourist attraction such as this Ancient City or Ancient Siam in Bangkok. It is a park of reduced scale and full-size replicas of important buildings in Thailand. A tour of Thailand's greatest architecture via golf cart, bike, or tram. The park's goal is to bring the Thai people to their roots, that of the ancient Siam Kingdom, besides having copies of Thailand's landmarks, it is also Thailand-shaped. So let's go and have a look.






Awwwwww I now missed traveling, I hope to be back in Thailand. 

Sawasdee kha! (Hello) 

Cex kan khraw hna (See you next time)

Thank you all for your photos.

No comments: