Abra cadabra

Sometime in 2015, I was here in Dolores, Abra.  I visited this place for work and of course photo op to some places that we pass through.



After 12 hours on the road, finally, the tunnel going in and out of Abra. I couldn't believe I will get here, tick off from my provinces list.


I was wondering why Grabriela Silang welcomed visitors in Abra, so I googled it. Kaya pala, she fled to Tayum, Abra to seek refuge after Diego's assassination (Diego is her second husband after her businessman husband, Tomas Millan died). And that bolo-wielding "la General" on horseback is her popular image, she was the so-called Joan of Arc of Ilocandia (nakakatampo, di man lang nya yan nabanggit sa'kin, kung di pa ako pumunta dun, di ko malalaman =P).



Calaba Bridge, the longest modular bridge in the Philippines is beautifully constructed along the Abra-Ilocos Norte National road across the Abra river. 


View of Abra river from OPAG-Abra, Abra river and the mountain they call sleeping beauty because they said it looks like a laying maiden (can you picture her?)


Don Mariano Marcos Bridge is the third longest bridge in the Philippines, it's along Abra-Kalinga road, the boundary of Tayum/Dolores/Lagangilang, and this shot I took while passing the bridge, isn't it beautiful? Yeah!

I want to go back to Abra to experience the cold and see for myself the beauty of  Kaparkan Falls in Tineg (the posted photo below is from the internet)


And that's my Abracadabra byahe =)


No comments: